As human beings, our daily activities are mediated by a complex interchange of ideas, most of which are driven by emotions, and is a reflection on how our behaviors and feelings are expressed. The ability to think, create relationships, and express emotional feelings is what truly makes us humans.
When disruptions in the system arise, regardless of what is affected, our daily lives are also disrupted in a manner that will pose danger to us and/or to others. Genetic predisposition, environmental changes, relationships, and learned behaviors from life experiences have been implicated into the etiology of new behaviors that could have dangerous outcomes in any community.
Transparency implies openness, communication, and accountability. Transparency is operating in a way that it is easy for others to understand how, and what actions are performed. It is when much is known by many. Transparency is one of the silent prerequisites of any free and efficient society.
Communicating with your community openly, honestly, and fully about public health programs and services available, will help to prevent the corruption that inevitably occurs when a select few have access to important information, allowing them to use it for personal gain.
Guide to Program Development
- Establish baseline demographic and distribution data on the impact of the lack of transparency
- Design and develop public health programs that create awareness on the impact of lack of transparency
- Establish education programs that promote openness, communication, and accountability
- Create and implement programs to breach the gaps created by the lack of transparency in the public health system
- Support the design and development programs to alleviate poverty through the encouragement of entrepreneurial efforts in affordable energy, agriculture, housing, and transportation
- Design programs to evaluate the effectiveness of these programs
Current Programs supported By Ghadef
- Affordable and environmentally friendly alternative sources of energy (Solar & wind)
- Nouvelle and affordable environmentally friendly methods of agriculture (animal & crops)
- New affordable and environmentally friendly designs to safe drinking water.
- Efficient, affordable and attainable alternative methods of transportation
- Proposals for affordable alternatives to environmentally friendly sources of energy
- Proposals for affordable and environmentally friendly methods of agriculture
- Proposals for affordable and environmentally friendly sources of safe drinking water
- Proposals for affordable and environmentally friendly means of transportation
Ghadef is currently accepting proposals for the above programs. Please upload and submit your project proposal via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is important to acknowledge that the perpetrators of a lack of transparency might be resistant to the change process. It is equally important to understand that public health is a fundamental human right!
It is imperative for us as advocates of the global public health system to provide our communities with the skills, tools, resources, or knowledge to effect change and believe in the vision to promote openness, communication, and accountability.
Communities require the motivation and ability to sustain change, and communication models will be recurrent, audience-specific, and properly designed to address cultural and social diversity.
How Will the Programs Function?
Ghadef is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of the most vulnerable populations and educating the next generation (15 to 24 years), on the impact of a man-made disaster amidst poverty, social injustice, and lack of transparency on the public health and educational systems in the Cameroons.
To achieve this, Ghadef will offer many services including the following:
- Recruiting responsible and reliable local adult volunteers to be matched with each learning group of 15 to 20
- Expand on the successes of local organizations with a wider range of talent and evolving behavioral change models and training programs to teach job skills
- On-boarding nouvelle social change models to integrate index communities with operational support, monitoring, and evaluation
- Initiate Group activities in the most vulnerable population to build teamwork skills and self-confidence
Ghadef will be committed to encouraging global health and educational career exposures for interested educationists and healthcare career professionals to support the local private and public respective community sectors.
Ghadef will bring new skills and fresh perspectives to mitigate the effects of a humanitarian disaster with social injustice and lack of transparency on every aspect of the communities of the Cameroons, as it deepens and widens the social and behavioral change pipeline.